Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday on the Water


I spent my Sunday on various waterfronts in the city, starting at noon at the South Street Seaport where I met up with my dear friend Steve, and we both sketched the above ship off of Pier 17. From there, we ended up walking down the Westside Highway along the water and made our way to the Frying Pan (well, actually the Fireboat) at Pier 66, where we got in a bit more sketching while hanging out on a really cool old, rusty boat. After I tried the covertly draw the gentlemen below, they ended up buying the sketch from me (and they were really nice guys to boot). It was a really fun day.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful inking! So glad we asked you to sign it so we could track you down afterwards!

    You're incredibly talented, best of luck.

    Cheers,
    Guy on the Right (Jon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sketch, Bri! Great meeting you and your friends yesterday, and I don't think any of us have left the Frying Pan (or any other place for that matter) with as cool a souvenir as the one we're holding there in the pic.

    You do great work, we were lucky to sit next to you.

    -Guy in the middle (Ian)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon & Ian,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and posting such kind words. I'm so glad you guys like the sketch, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the fact that you took the time to track me down. You fellas have made my day for two days in a row. Thanks for being such awesome people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was such a great day Bri. We have to put together an MA group to go hang out at the Frying pan this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea, Steve. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete